- 056 Strength Training: Anti-Extension Exercises
- Bracing Squat (Lower Torso)
- Starting Position:
- - Begin in a squat stance with feet shoulder width apart.
- - Hold a kettlebell with both hands.
- - Tighten the abs and sit back on the heels while descending in to a deep squat.
- - A box or chair can be placed behind the client as a target to sit back on to.
- - Pause at the bottom for 1-2 seconds and return to starting position.
- - The idea is to resist the urge to lean forward or sideways while moving up and down.
- - Keep the resistance moderate to concentrate on working the core.
- - One dumbbell in two hands to one dumbbell in each hand to sand bag to barbell on shoulders.