- 044 Inner Core Training
- Starting Position:
- - Sitting position.
- - Place one hand on stomach and one hand slightly above the small of the lower back.
- - Push into the stomach with the front hand and contract the abs to resist this pressure.
- - Upon doing so, you should feel a tightening of both the stomach muscles as well as the muscles along the back. This is a brace.
- - Hold brace for 5-10 seconds while attempting to breathe normally. (Do not hold breath!)
- - Several bracing contractions of 5-10 seconds each should be performed before working out.
- - For homework, instruct the client to attempt to perform six to eight contractions while increasing the duration of each hold by 5-10 seconds per week.